Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

vSwitch hyper-v and Network Bandwith on Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

ELaug
Beginner

Hello,

I think there is an issue.... Intel driver side or Microsoft Windows Hyper-v side....

With bridge

Without brigde

I tried to find some parameter to solve this issue but i found nothing... May be it's a bug.

My windows version :

Intel driver version :

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello eLA1979,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that download speed is reduced when enabling External Virtual Switch.

Please notice that virtualization is not supported from our end for wireless connectivity. It is recommended to contact the hypervisor vendor for support.

However, you may test some of the following recommendations suggested by other Microsoft Hyper-V* users online that experience similar issues:

- Delete the Virtual Switch, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html clean install the driver for the physical adapter and create it again.

- Disable https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/virtual-machine-queue--vmq- VMQ in the Virtual Switch.

- Make sure IPv4 is enabled in the Virtual Switch.

- Try using different MAC address setting (Dynamic or Static) and change the MAC address on the Virtual Switch.

- Test a previous version of Windows 10* such as 1709.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
ELaug
Beginner

Hello Eugenio,

Thanks for your answer. I will try to follow the recommandations to see if it can be a solution.

For your information i opened an Microsoft issue too, because i didn't know where is exactly the problem.

Eric

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully some of our recommendations (based on different suggestions found online) or Microsoft* support will be helpful in improving the virtual switch download speed.

It'll be highly appreciated if you could update the post once you found a solution. Or let us know if anything else is required from our side.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos