Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Need clarification regarding the frameset class

MAbdo2
New Contributor I

I need some help to better understand the "rs2::pipeline.wait_for_frames" that produces/returns a "rs2::frameset" class. The following questions pop into my head:

1) When calling the "rs2::pipeline.wait_for_frames" method, we get one (1) frameset that consists of the last depth and color image from the sensor, not a series/multiple of framesets, each containing a depth and color image. Right?

2) If my statement in 1) above is correct, then why is the frameset class an iterator class, what do we iterate over?

Thanks,

Mo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MoA,

We have forwarded your question to the engineering team. We will update this thread with a response when we receive it.

Regards,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MoA,

Each camera can output different frames types from its sensors, i.e. color, depth, IR, etc.. The purpose of the frameset class is to hold the multiple types of frames (from one instance in time) that a device generates. The iterator allows you to hold all these frames and navigate between them.

You can learn more about Frame Management from this doc: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/165ae36b350ca950e4180dd6ca03ca6347bc6367/doc/frame_lifetime.md.

Does this help?

Regards,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos