Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

LENOVO 4236AK8 with Intel® HD Graphics 3000

PRodr5
Beginner

Dear all

As you can see, I have a LENOVO 4236AK8 with an Intel® HD Graphics 3000. My question is: Is it possible to update or change my graphics to, at least, an Intel 4500?

Sorry for the probably stupid question, but my knowledge about these things is very low.

Thank you all in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You cannot change the graphics you have.

You will need to get a new/newer laptop to accomplish what you want, especially if your goal is Windows 10.

Your graphics and processor are not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
PRodr5
Beginner

I already have the latest version of the Windows 10 Pro, and the computer runs just fine. And I know I can't just update via software a 3000 graphics into an 4500 graphics. My question is, can I buy a better graphic and "install" it in this computer?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I did not say windows 10 would not run, I said it was not supported.

ANd, it is not running fine. Otherwise, you would not be here.

No, you cannot buy a better graphics card, as the graphics you have are integrated.

Buy a new/newer laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
PRodr5
Beginner

I appreciate the help.

However, I must insist that the windows 10 is in fact running without any kind of problem. The fact that I came here has nothing to do with Windows 10 related problems.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then take a look here for HD 3000 graphics:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

You will see that it is not supported.

And your graphics cannot be upgraded.

So, what do you want?

Doc

0 Kudos
NPiri
New Contributor I

although the Intel HD graphics 3000 hardware is not officially supported under Windows 10, Microsoft does provide some drivers for it from either Windows Update or from the Microsoft Update Catalog site.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=intel+hd+graphics+3000 Microsoft Update Catalog

0 Kudos