Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 graphics card crashes Adobe Premiere Pro crashes on launch, is this solvable?

GMart10
Beginner

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Intel (R) Graphics UHD 620 crashes Adobe Premiere Pro 100% of the time on a brand new (May 12 2018) HP Spectre 360 13'' laptop with 16gb ram and Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz.

I have contacted Adobe and Intel support.

Intel support referred me to this form.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere several times (including the 2017 and 2016 versions).

I have disabled and re-enabled the display driver and I have updated it.

I have tried with both software and hardware acceleration options in premiere pro.

Trying to run DispDiag as per Intel instructions causes a blue screen crash.

Adobe says this is a known issue with this graphics card. Is it?

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

<strong style="font-style: inherit; fon...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jackinrome

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that are experiencing issues between your Our Intel® UHD 620 graphics controller and Adobe Premiere Pro.

Based on the report that you sent, we noticed that your graphic drivers are not up to date, so before taking a deeper path, let's go ahead and try installing our latest drivers, found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

As well once that your drivers are up to date, please monitor the results and take screenshots (if possible) if the system starts to crash again after the update.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jackinrome,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos