Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Netwtw06 error on Intel 8260

AGami
Beginner

I've been getting a lot of errors lately after updating my driver to the latest version. I've tried reinstalling it but the errors still persist

I'm getting warnings on Event Viewer like:

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\IWMSSvc.dll

And errors like:

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

which went on and on until I reinstalled the driver

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello antonigaming,

We understand you're getting a lot of errors in Device Manager being created due to your adapter reseting.

In order to better assist you, we would like the following:

1. You're currently running Windows® 10 Creators Update (Version 1703, build 15063). Is it possible for you to upgrade to the latest release of Windows® 10 (Fall Creators Update, Version 1709, Build 16299)? There are quite a few OS sided issues affecting networking that were resolved in the latest build.

2. The latest PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers package for your adapter is version 20.10.2. This package installs driver 20.10.2.2 for the AC8260, is this the one that gave you problems? Or are you using the latest system specific drivers provided by your computer manufacturer (recommended)?

3. Is this the original wireless adapter, or an upgrade part?

4. Could you please share an Intel® System Support Utility report? The report created by the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is not as complete.

1. Download and run the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi, run the complete scan.

3. Save the report to a file and share.

Note: To enable attachments, make sure to switch over to the advanced editor while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
AGami
Beginner

Hello. The update took a while, but I'm on Falls Creator Update now. I've noticed I still have "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." errors and that sometimes, when I boot up, I get the "Can't connect to network" error. Will take a minute or two before it connects and then it'll function normally. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but these are the current things that have happened so far.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello antonigaming,

Thanks for the update.

Please keep in mind that we always recommend to use the latest system specific drivers provided by your computer manufacturer (OEM).

The drivers installed automatically by Windows*, or the ones provided through our Download Center, are generic. These are generic because even though they're made specifically for our wireless adapters, they don't account for customizations made by your computer manufacturer.

Because of this, it's not entirely unexpected to see some errors in the Device Manager.

If these errors are continuing to the extend that your user experience is affected, please share the information requested above in order for us to investigate.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos