Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

HD630 Windows 10 Display Port 4K Screens resize after awakening from screen sleep mode

WJohn6
Beginner

My system configuration:

i7-7700 HD630, Screen ASUS PB287Q, MB Gigabyte Z270X-UD5 using Displayport

This has been reported several times, but the threads seem to get closed with no solution.

I just installed the latest driver: 23.20.16.4901 on Windows Pro (10.0.16299). After monitor awakes from sleeping, open apps (like Firefox) are resized. PLEASE provide a fix as this is aggravating.

In previous posts, Intel stated that this was a Windows issue. That may be the case, however, AMD and NVIDEA seem to have workarounds. Does Intel want to force customers to buy an external graphics card to finally resolve this problem?

WadeMB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello WadeMB,

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Please let me double check this matter, I will update the thread as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Gee, I *wish* NVIDIA had a workaround for this. While it doesn't seem to happen as easily or as often as it does on the NUCs, it definitely can and does happen on my NVIDIA-based PC that has a 4K monitor. More and more people will be seeing this issue as 4K monitors proliferate more...

...S

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello WadeMB,

Your statement is correct, in the sense that we have debugged and investigated this issue, concluding that its occurring as per OS design.

We filed an internal bug already [1209422154]. I wish I could provide you with an ETA, but what I can confirm is that we are getting closer to the release.

Thank you for your feedback. As you probably already saw, we are using this as the main thread to communicate updates about this issue with our users:

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos