Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D415 and RealSense Viewer - actual depth resolution half that of set resolution

FGust3
Beginner

I'm testing a D415 sample camera with RealSense Viewer v2.9.0. No matter which depth resolution I set on the stereo module, I only get half that on screen. For instance, if I set resolution to 640 x 480, I get 320 x 240. Why is that?

Thanks

Fredrik

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mmab,

Thanks for contacting Intel Customer support.

Since this is an unreleased product the information available at the time is not very specific we are researching about this issue. As soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
FGust3
Beginner

Thanks for you reply. This means that we are unabe to verify (without starting a coding project) if we are actually able to achieve that fantastic resolution at the high framrates as the tech spec promises. That is what substantially differentiates this camera from competing solutions and it's a bummer that we are not able to quickly confirm that. I hope you also see this as a serious limitation and will provide a fix very soon.

0 Kudos
FGust3
Beginner

Any updates on this issue yet? At least I would like to know if you are able to reproduce this issue or alternatively advice me if I have misunderstood something or made an error. Thanks.

0 Kudos
FGust3
Beginner

I disabled the post-processing and now I obtain full resolution. Actually, it's enough to disable the decimate filter only. Thanks dorodnic (on GitHub.com/IntelRealSense).

0 Kudos