Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (64 bit)

HVeal
Beginner

I have a Dell Inspiron 3646 with Windows 10 (64-bit edition) desktop computer with 3 monitors connected. 2 of the 3 monitors are connected via VGA-to-USB adapters. For some reason they only display in 800 x 600 resolution. The MAIN problem I have is that the Intel (R) HD Graphics driver will not update and I keep getting a Device Status message of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I think solving this issue will solve the resolution issue I am having with the 2nd and 3rd monitors, but I am getting ahead of myself.

I have contacted Intel through a Chat session and they have tried to perform the update over the course of 2 days and they were not able to solve the issue. The technician's final word was to re-install the Operating System, which I think is way too much of an inconvenience for a driver. Intel knows of this issue, and Microsoft knows of this issue. Yet, for some reason, the Intel technician says that they are not working with Microsoft to solve the issue, which I find to be utterly ridiculous. In any event, I am left to scour the internet and forums, such as this one, trying to solve the issue with help from users like me. The Intel technician, through remote connection, tried uninstalling the version of the driver I had and then installing version 10.18.10.4653, which is the version I currently have installed. Yet, I still have the same issue with the driver. I have a serious and dire need to make of all 3 monitors and this driver issue is holding that process up. I have attached an image of the Device Manager, for reference. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Are three-display configurations supported using a USB display?

No, using a USB display does not support three-display configurations.

Source: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005556/graphics-drivers.html Frequently Asked Questions About Configuring Three Displays

0 Kudos
HVeal
Beginner

I had 3 displays working before a Microsoft Security update just before Christmas, with 2 Tritton VGA-to-USB adapters and drivers. I switched to the USB 3.0 versions of VGA-to-USB adapters and that is when I noticed the issue with the Intel Graphics driver not functioning.

0 Kudos
RRive5
Beginner

Heavyone, I have the exact same error and have no use of my 2 monitors. I've also been scouring the net to find a solution. Why isn't intel working with Microsoft on this? Geez. If you get anywhere, please update us on this and I will do the same.

Totally Frustrated!!!

RGRCHICO

0 Kudos
HVeal
Beginner

I completely agree with you that Intel and Microsoft should be working on a solution for this issue. I still have the problem with the driver, but I solved the issue with the 2nd and 3rd monitors by spending a little money to solve it. I went to Best Buy and bought 2 USB-to-VGA adapters ($15 a piece), and I bought a USB 3.0 Hub ($24). I plugged the 2nd and 3rd monitors into the adapters and then I plugged the adapters into the hub which was plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the back of the desktop. Once that happened, I was able to choose different resolutions other than 800x600. I hope that helps.

0 Kudos