Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

4600 won't clone

DJevn
Beginner

I have a Dell OptiPlex W7 64bit desktop with the HD4600 on the motherboard. No matter what version driver, etc. I have, I cannot get the software to clone vga and Display Port/HDMI. All I can get when cloning (when I first start cloning with WIN+P) is monitor and virtual display. Under a previous version of the driver, I got monitor and Widi. None the less, it's impossible to get a clone of vga and HDMI or to even get the HDMI to work. I should correct this - I'm going to HDMI with an adapter that works on other computers. The adapter takes Display Port out of the motherboard to HDMI.

I have Dell support replacing the motherboard today to see if it is a hardware issue. If not, I'll be looking for fixes here.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DJINTELDUMB,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

I understand that you are having problems with your system as the screen is not cloning, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach to this thread the report.

To attach a file, you must click "Use advanced editor" in the top right and then click the "Attach" option on the bottom right hand the response box.

After this get this information I will be able to have better insight as to what could be affecting your system.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
DJevn
Beginner

Here's the file.

More information -

If I use a Display Port to HDMI cable about 3 feet long, I get video on another display. Your software indicates the correct additional display. If I use a common display port to HDMI adapter, I do not get any video and your software indicates it's a virtual display. I have purchased three different adapters and they all respond the same way - all different manufacturers.

There was a time when the display port to HDMI adapter worked but only if I disconnected the VGA.

Now, nothing works with the Display Port to HDMI adapters.

0 Kudos
DJevn
Beginner

One more thing. Dell did replace the motherboard with your ports on it and the problem still exists - the inability to get video out of a display port to HDMI adapter.

0 Kudos
DJevn
Beginner

More information - I just spent two hours on the phone with Microsoft Support. When your driver is disabled and a generic VGA driver is all the computer has, it clones beautifully - at a lower resolution - one that isn't really acceptable. BUT IT DOES CLONE. YOUR DRIVER - 10.18.14.4432 isn't working correctly. Your software that scans the computer also indicates that the computer is up to date as far as this driver is concerned - up to date but malfunctioning......

THE ONLY MULTIPLE MONITOR FEATURE THAT EVEN HALF WAY WORKS IS EXTEND. THAT ISN'T CLONE. CLONE IS DUPLICATION. I NEED DUPLICATION.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DJINTELDUMB,

Thank you for your response,

Upon review of the information provided I was able to find a much more updated driver for the integrated graphics you currently have. This is a generic Intel® driver which works with the specified processor and integrated graphics. Apparently there is no updated driver implemented by Dell for the Optiplex computer specified.

I would like for you to download and install the driver for testing purposes as I understand it is frustrating to have a problem like that, so I would like to know if our latest driver can fix the problem.

Please download it from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=80806

After downloading, please run the installer and let it update, afterwards please restart the PC and try to clone the screen again.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
DJevn
Beginner

It turns out that it is simply not possible to clone vga and a display port output. Cloning only works with the two display ports. New drivers make no difference. In fact the driver you sent won't work on this box.

So, that's it. Case closed. Cloning will only work with display ports and not vga.

0 Kudos