Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel SR29E Pentium N3700 after replace BGA error in driver Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface have a error (10)

JGarz3
Beginner

Laptop Brand:DELL

Model: 15-5552

Description Issue:

The original Issue is when i turn on the laptop gave a 7 Beeps error codes, this mean a cache error in processor have a issue, bad processor according to dell.com

After replace processor SR29E Pentium N3700 (BGA), the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface have a error (10) yellow bang i update and downgrade all the bios version's and still the same also install all driver version of intel trusted and same error

Some times when i turn off the laptop and try to turn on again gave a no post, turn on the laptop but only the fan works no gives a video or no post i need to turn off again and remove the battery and some times remove the rtc batt and reinstall and turn on and the laptops wokrs fine but have the same issue again

If there some troubleshoot for this issue let me know: firmware, activate manufacture mode on, etc.

dont know how to start

Thankyou for your support

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JanGarza36,

I understand you are facing some booting issues with you Dell laptop. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

In this case, as you mentioned before this issue should be related to the BIOS that is giving problems when booting up the computer. What we can perform is a BIOS update or a BIOS recovery depending on what the manufacturer of the board allows to perform. I will highly recommend you to contact Dell just to verify if this is possible or if there is any extra step they can perform with your laptop or even if this is a hardware issue.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just curious - how was this BGA socketed processor replaced, and why? Was it replaced by you, or Dell, or some 3rd party?

Doc

0 Kudos
JGarz3
Beginner

Hello Al Hill, sorry for the delay and my bad english

The BGA SR29E processor was replaced by BGA Machine, the reason is the laptop when i turn on, never boot, just give a no post and 7 beeps codes.

The 7 beep codes on dell.com says the CPU have a failure on inspiron laptops

The processor its replaced by 3rd party

Soldering and soldering do by hot air "BGA MACHINE"

The profile around 230 Celcius to 240 on the "REFLOW ZONE" so i attach the profile graph

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
JGarz3
Beginner

Sorry i forget to say, an example if i replace 10 BGA on 10 motherboards around 6 have the intel trusted issue on device manager and the boot issues

Thankyou

0 Kudos
JGarz3
Beginner

Hello Antony, fist sorry for the delay

I downgrade and upgrade all bios versions of the manufactures home page and still have the booting issues and intel trusted error on device manager

The issue only happends when i replace the BGA processor SR29E

Thankyou for your support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, JanGarza36.

Thank you for your reply, I will highly recommend to verify with the manufacturer of your laptop if there is any compatibility issue with the new processor you have installed on your computer and, as well, to contact this 3rd party who help you with the swap of the processor in the case that the issue persist.

Antony S.

0 Kudos