Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Intel HD 620 (ASUS laptop) outputting wrong frequencies on certain devices

FOlim
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue described here:

with an ASUS VivoBook S510UQ - BQ495T connected through a HDMI port to a Sony Bravia 2015 TV.

That's to say, the outputted signal has a 25% higher frequency than set; this means a 60Hz signal becomes a 75Hz signal, a 50 Hz signal becomes 62Hz, a 30Hz signal becomes 37Hz and a 24Hz signal becomes 30Hz. The interlacciated modes output a half display.

The PC graphic card works fine with another monitor (Philips 221TE2L).

The driver version is the latest certified and provided by Asus (22.20.16.4708).

The laptop has a second GPU (Nvidia Geforce 940MX).

I manually installed the latest HD 620 driver (23.20.16.4901) available in the Intel website which solves the frequency issue but it introduces a new severe performance issue: in clone mode and extended mode the frame rate of 3D applications (I tried Dolphin emulator) has a tremendous drecrease. This issue is not present in single screen mode. I noticed that during my test the GPU load of HD 620 chip was about 20% against 45% with the driver 22.20.16.4708.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FOlim
Beginner

I checked that there is not framerate decrease in clone mode with a 3D Benchmark (Uningine Valley). Likely the framerate issue is due to the application (Dolphin emulator).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Fabio66: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We will do our best to assist you with this scenario.

Just to confirm, you mentioned that the driver version 23.20.16.4901 fixes the problem with the frequency and the problem with the frame rate on the 3D applications was related to the Dolphin emulator.

We just wanted to verify if you need further assistance on this matter or if the problem was already fixed?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

FOlim
Beginner

Thanks for your replay.

I confirm that the problem is fixed with the driver version 23.20.16.4901 and I do not need further assistance.

Regards,

Fabio

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Fabio66: You are very welcome. Perfect, we are glad to confirm the problem got fixed.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos