Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense on Euclid was Recognized as LR200

PHsu10
Novice

Hi all, there was a problem found in my application, in which a SLAM algorithm was installed on Euclid. However, Realsense on Euclid was always recognized as LR200, instead of ZR300. This causes a problem that I cannot get images and IMU data by using ZR300 functions in ros-kinetic-librealsense driver. Is there any problem to change LR200 to ZR300, or to get IMU data in a situation that Realsense on Euclid was treated as LR200? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PHsu10
Novice

Yes, I have made my live USB by downloading the ISO file mentioned in /message/479981# 479981 Re: Restore Euclid / download software. This live USB was connected to a USB port on Euclid before powering it on. After powering Euclid on, the system immediately changed to grub rescue mode and could not reboot based on the live USB. I do not know why.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The issue of Euclid being launched as LR200 first came up in 2017. A member of the Euclid development team offered this explanation:

The ZR300 used in the Euclid is not quite the same as the full ZR300 USB camera, as the Euclid's version of it was missing an ASIC chip the USB ZR300 camera had (to enable the Euclid's physical casing size to be small, I believe). This absent chip was simulated in software, meaning that Euclid had to use a 'forked' special version of Librealsense instead of the main Librealsense branch. Using the regular Librealsense with Euclid meant that access to functions such as fisheye could be lost.

ORB-SLAM2 can be used with Euclid, as described in a tutorial written by the development team member who made the explanation above.

https://www.euclidcommunity.intel.com/static/tutorials/pdf/orbslam/orbslam2_tutorial.pdf https://www.euclidcommunity.intel.com/static/tutorials/pdf/orbslam/orbslam2_tutorial.pdf

0 Kudos
PHsu10
Novice

Thanks for your helpful information. This looks that a forked version of librealsense should be used, instead of a normal version, if I want to get images from color/depth/fisheye cameras. However, how about IMU data? How to read IMU accl/gyro data based the forked version of normal librealsense?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Euclid's operations tend to be focused around controlling actions with Scenarios and Nodes.

"A node is an executable file within a ROS package. ROS nodes are executables that use a ROS client library to communicate with other ROS nodes. ROS Nodes can publish or subscribe to a Topic. ROS nodes can also use or provide Services. In a robot, ROS nodes can be used to control various functions of the robot. ROS nodes provide fault tolerance as crashes are isolated to individual nodes and reduce code complexity. A ROS node is written with the use of a ROS client library, such as roscpp or rospy."

"A Euclid Node is an abstraction for the Euclid automation layer in order to provide high level functionalities. It is in the essence a ROS launch file (which contains ROS nodes) and configuration arguments. Euclid Nodes can be created by the web interface and ROS nodes can be added to them. Sample Euclid Nodes have been provided, but users can easily define their own Euclid Nodes."

On Euclid's Web Interface, the 'Cameras Node' is for getting data from all the Camera Sensors – RGB, Fisheye, and Depth and IMU.

On the 'Monitors' tab of that interface, you will see toggle buttons to turn on the various feeds: color (rgb camera), depth, fisheye, person (tracking), imu, and trajectory(6 DoF).

The 'RealSense SLAM Node' runs the SLAM algorithm using the fisheye and the IMU data and provides the pose data for 6DOF tracking.

You can read the operating manual for Euclid that explains the Web Interface in full at the link below:

https://click.intel.com/media/productid2100_10052017/euclid-operating-guide-final.pdf https://click.intel.com/media/productid2100_10052017/euclid-operating-guide-final.pdf

0 Kudos
PHsu10
Novice

Thanks for your reply. In order to finish my task based on your comments, Euclid was restore by using ISO files. However, the restoring is failed, and Euclid entered "grub rescue" after it was restarted again. To solve this problem, I have use ls command to find where the grub file is; however, this file could not be found in any disk part while a live USB has been connected to Euclid via USB interface. Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Did you use the official Euclid restore iso?

You may find this guide on fixing a grub rescue useful:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-a-grub-rescue-unknown-file-system-error How to fix a grub rescue unknown file system error - Quora

0 Kudos
PHsu10
Novice

Yes, I have made my live USB by downloading the ISO file mentioned in /message/479981# 479981 Re: Restore Euclid / download software. This live USB was connected to a USB port on Euclid before powering it on. After powering Euclid on, the system immediately changed to grub rescue mode and could not reboot based on the live USB. I do not know why.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I believe that when the Euclid starts booting, you should press the F5 key on an attached keyboard to enter the BIOS and set it to use the USB stick as the boot device.

0 Kudos