Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D435 depth camera interfer by light

acai
Beginner

I encountered a problem when I used the D435 camera in the room. I found that the the camera was disturbed by the lamp on the ceiling, in lamp area the camera's depth data was wrong, When I used a flashlight illuminate the camera, the depth data could also be wrong, How to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If lighting conditions are too bright or too dark, a component called the IR Emitter that assists the IR Sensor with exposure can become saturated. On the 400 Series cameras, you can lower the 'Laser Power' setting to reduce the interference to the depth data caused by the IR Emitter in these conditions.

0 Kudos
acai
Beginner

Can you tell me where I can find 'Laser Power' setting and how to lower the Laser Power?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using the RealSense Viewer software, you can find the Laser Power slider by expanding open the 'Controls section of the options.

0 Kudos
acai
Beginner

I try lower the Laser Power number, but it seems that it doesn't work,the depth data still interfer by light, Are there any other solutions?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Another thing you can try is un-selecting the Auto Exposure option in the RealSense Viewer (which is enabled by default) and manually adjusting the Gain and Exposure setting levels with the sliders yourself.

0 Kudos