Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Why does my Intel(R) Dual Bans Wireless-AC 3160 Adapter stop working when my laptop sleeps?

EBana
Beginner

Every time I close my laptop my WiFi disconnects and seems to disappears completely, as i go to connect it in my network settings and it can't find any connections.

I ran the troubleshooter and it came up with "The Intel(R) Dual Bans Wireless-AC 3160 adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware - related Problems."

And it remains like that until I restart the laptop, but as soon as i close the laptop or sleep it, the problem happens again and there are no connections.

I bought this laptop no more than 2 months ago and everything came with it so i know it wasn't me fucking up an installation or anything

can someone please help i need this for school and work and its really fucking up my day.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BB4
New Contributor II

Device Manager>Network Adapters>AC 3160>Power Management>Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power= ENABLE

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BB4
New Contributor II

Device Manager>Network Adapters>AC 3160>Power Management>Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power= ENABLE