Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Critical Issues with Intel HD4600 Graphics Drivers 15.36.7.3960

ID1
Beginner

Have several critical issues with the Intel HD4600 Graphics Drivers including the latest 15.36.7.3960.

System Details: Sager NP2670, Intel 4th Gen i7 2.8Ghz 4810MQ, 16GB RAM, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, latest updates/BIOS/drivers installed.

1. System crashes on resume from sleep.

2. USB ports remain powered during sleep.

3. Video stutters intermittently while playing, while CPU, GPU, and RAM usage remain highly underutilized and loading/buffering is complete.

On crash in resuming from sleep, Event Viewer provides the following:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Log Name: System

Source: Kernel-Power

Event ID: 41

Level: Critical

User: SYSTEM

OpCode: Info

Task Category: (63)

Keywords: (2)

These issues are isolated to the graphics driver, as they do not occur in Safe Mode, or with the default basic VGA adapter driver in Windows. They are also present in previous versions of the driver.

Have tried all manner of uninstalling all graphics drivers, in safe mode, rebooting after each change, and cleanly re-installing different versions of the driver, to no avail.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MTran9
Novice

How curious! I'm having the same issue resuming from sleep on an Ivy Bridge machine (iHD 4000).

I just upgraded from a Geforce GTX TITAN to a Radeon R9 290X, and I was blaming the AMD driver out of habit, but upon reflection, it may be the new Intel driver. I did a fresh install after I removed the Geforce and before I installed the Radeon (not dealing with those nightmarish driver conflicts ever again) and in the process downloaded the latest Intel driver. I was using an older driver version before.

I already submitted a bug report to AMD; wish Intel had a 'driver feedback' page like AMD does.

ID1
Beginner

Additional info, have also tried all different options/combinations of settings related to Sleep, ie hybrid sleep On/Off, Hibernate On/Off, and also related to USB ports, ie USB Selective Suspend On/Off, USB ports/hubs/root/devices Allow Computer to turn off to save power On/Off etc.

auxy, thanks for sharing you have the same issue, I can only imagine how many more have this issue considering how widespread Intel integrated graphics chips are. Hopefully we can use these pages like a 'driver feedback' page and get these issues resolved with responsive support from Intel.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Please keep checking the following post for updates on this matter:

Allan.

0 Kudos
ID1
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt response and support, will be eagerly checking that post for resolution of these issues.

0 Kudos