cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel P4511 M.2 - airflow requirements?

KCl
New Contributor

Hello.

Hopefully this is an appropriate place to post - I suspect it would need to be an Intel rep who responds.

I have an M.2 form factor 1TB P4511 SSD (SSDPELKX010T801).

Does this SSD have a minimum airflow requirement? It will be mounted in a desktop case, so I'd like to ensure adequate cooling.

I see that the controller chip already has a tiny heatspreader, and the whole device itself has a power consumption of 7.6 watts when active, but I don't know how much of that heat the controller chip itself will need to dissipate.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello K2.

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support. Based on https://ark.intel.com/products/137107/Intel-SSD-DC-P4511-Series-1_0TB-M_2-110mm-PCIe-3_1-x4-3D2-TLC?... ARK.intel.com the operating temperature range of your Intel® SSD DC P4511 Series is from 0°C to 55°C. The airflow in a chassis can vary depending on the design, the number of fans, etc. this being said we do advise you to focus on the temperature of your device once installed inside of the chassis since is not common for this kind of drives to need extra airflow. We hope you find this information useful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B.Intel Customer Support

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello K2.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support. We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case? Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply.Best regards,Josh B.Intel Customer Support.

Doraemon
New Contributor

hi, Josh B.

We want to do thermal simulation on our new server product with P4511 M.2.

Could provide Thermal Model of P4511 M.2? 

Thermal model file name should be "xxx.pdml"

thank 

jiangxin xu

1911209482@qq.com