Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Which realsense camera has the best balance for depth perception and object recognition within 2 to 5 meters?

BCont4
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out which camera (realsense D415 or realsense D435) has the best performance under the sunlight for depth perception and object recognition within 2 to 5 meters. I already read the specs but it seems that the intel D415 is best for object recognition and the intel D435 is best for depth perception. Can someone help me to decide? Also, my priority is depth perception but within 2 to 5 meter.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

For depth perception over distance, the D415 may be the better option. The D435 has greater "RMS error" (depth noise) over distance, In terms of use in sunlight, both models work equally well outdoors.

The D435's advantages over the D415 are a wider field of view, smaller minimum distance (meaning the camera can be closer to objects) and a faster shutter suited to applications where the camera or the object being scanned are moving.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

For depth perception over distance, the D415 may be the better option. The D435 has greater "RMS error" (depth noise) over distance, In terms of use in sunlight, both models work equally well outdoors.

The D435's advantages over the D415 are a wider field of view, smaller minimum distance (meaning the camera can be closer to objects) and a faster shutter suited to applications where the camera or the object being scanned are moving.

0 Kudos