Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Bounding Box for D435

aardee
Beginner

Is there a way to create a bounding box for the depth pointcloud for the D435? I'm using the camera with ROS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I hope this link will be of use to you. It was originally suggested to someone who was using ROS and OpenCV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I hope this link will be of use to you. It was originally suggested to someone who was using ROS and OpenCV.

0 Kudos
aardee
Beginner

Can I put limits on the Z axis for the data?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would think that the Depth Clamp Min/Max option would be a possibility for setting a maximum depth that values can be considered valid.

0 Kudos
aardee
Beginner

Hi Marty,

I can do that using the realsense-viewer. How do I do it for use with ROS?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I believe you would have to do it from a C++ script rather than ROS, like the script in the link below.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/2199# issuecomment-410694607 Set depth clamp min/max from C++ and python code · Issue # 2199 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

The key line in the script for setting the depth max value is:

depth_table.depthClampMax = 1300; // 1m30 if depth unit at 0.001

Change the '1300' value to whatever will produce the maximum distance in meters that you desire. The value is in mm, so work out the distance in meters that you want your MaxZ to be and then multiply it by 1000 (1000 mm is 1 m) and you will get the value to use.

0 Kudos