Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Recall and replace all 7260 Wifi cards with new hardware that is Windows 10 Compatible.

RStew1
Beginner

I came to this site looking for help and support. Its clear from the most basic search that the 7260 is defective, has been for more than a year, and Intel has no plan or intention to fix it. No step has been taken to remove this product from the retail channel or support customers. I deserve to have what I paid for. So do the rest of the customers with these defective units.

I want my hardware replaced with an updated model that does not have these problems. I don't know if that is the 8260 or 8265 or what, but I do know that Intel has an obligation to deliver, and is failing that obligation. Respond.

Raymond Stewart

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello apocalypse2012,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in this Community.

I have sent you a private message, please take a look at your inbox.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Diego S.
RStew1
Beginner

Diego,

i appreciate the response, but I can't say the same for the reply. Intel released a broken product and then release the fix as a new product instead of supporting its customers.

Futher, your 'discontinued' status means nothing when the market is still flooded with OEM partners selling this product brand new today.

intel is their supplier. Intel knows that they are selling a defective product with no software support. This is completely unethical and should be the subject of a class action lawsuit if Intel has no intention of doing the right thing.

Intel should release fixed drivers, or offer effected users with new hardware. I purchased my unit with my system less than a years ago. It is an ASUS and is still available from ASUS right now, supplied by Intel with the full knowledge that you do not support it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello apocalypse2012,

We just wanted to double check if you checked your inbox?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RStew1
Beginner

Yes, I saw and replied to your request for contact info. You should have received that email dated September 6th.

I will resend the email...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello apocalypse2012,

Thank you for your response.

I have sent you another private message.

Regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos