Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense SDK 2.16 - multiple cameras (D415)

EMuel
Novice

Hello,

well, I must admit that I'm close to put this project (realsense) on hold. Downloading the current 2.16 release and testing it results again into errors.

As soon as I want to connect a second device in the viewer the first camera stops streaming and causes frame error.

With all respect to the developers...can't this just be double checked before publishing the SDK update?

After weeks of compiling the SDK's updates I get frustrated and anoyed. It is common to face syntax errors generated by typing errors of some careless developers.

So I will have to wait for a couple of days/weeks/months to get this fixed.

Holy sh.....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the latest SDK release. If you are experiencing problems with SDK version 2.16.0,, you should be able to go back to the last version that worked for your project (2.15.0?) - you can download it from the Releases page.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases/ Releases · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
EMuel
Novice

Thank you MartyG, I will give it a try.

Allthough I wanted to use the unity multistream feature (3xD415) which seams to be included in the 2.16 version.

Cheers

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

According to the SDK release notes, the last change to Unity was in 2.15.0 with the addition of support for processing blocks. Before that, there was a major update to the Unity wrapper in 2.14.0. So hopefully you will be okay with 2.15.0.

Support for multiple cameras has been in the SDK since 2.13.0.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you have questions about problems in 2.16.0, or your two-camera issue with 2.15.0, the best place to ask about it is on the RealSense GitHub site, where the RealSense engineers and developers reside. You can post a case there by going to the link below and clicking the 'New issue' button.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues Issues · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
EMuel
Novice

New aspect...

When I connect only two cameras one stream is running out of frames.

BUT if I connect all three D415 everything is fine...

This iwas tested under SDK 2.15
0 Kudos