Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D415 depth error, not matching with color image

jli84
Beginner

Hi,

we are using mutiple D415 cameras connecting to one pc, usually working fine. lately we found several sensors collect incorrect depth map Irregularly, about 10 times in last 3 month. see this image set.

as you can see, the color image is correct. but for unknow reason the depth map is not matching.

after reinitializing the sensor, it gets correct.

extra info.

* we are using color 1920/1080 depth 1280/720, 6Fps

* sensor connecting to pc using usb extension cables and hubs

what could be the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There was a similar case to yours a couple of days ago, where a RealSense user had been using multiple D415 cameras for a while and then the depth on some of their cameras started having problems. In the end, they found that updating their cameras to the latest 5.10.3 version of the firmware helped.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There was a similar case to yours a couple of days ago, where a RealSense user had been using multiple D415 cameras for a while and then the depth on some of their cameras started having problems. In the end, they found that updating their cameras to the latest 5.10.3 version of the firmware helped.

0 Kudos
MGoto1
Beginner

Hi,

After update the firmware to 5.10.3, our system still has problem as follows.

Both normal and error are streamed same time. Our system uses RGB and DEPTH except IR data.

our system streams 3 frames from every sensor at once scanning.

Looking at error depth image, Depth output seems to freeze.

What causes this issue?

Streaming is not stacked. I think there is some trouble in depth system.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

With your multiple camera setup, are you using hardware sync cables?

If you are, if the sync cables are long (for example, 3 m or more) then electrostatic discharge can cause a reset of the counters. The D415 model is more vulnerable to this problem than the D435.

0 Kudos
MGoto1
Beginner

In this case, I don't use synchronous trigger.

Every sensor is free_running. Because the object doesn't move, and very short scanning time.

I should use synchronous trigger if the object move and the scanning time is long.

e.g.

/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-570239-518006/pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
MGoto1
Beginner

Do you have any way to let the Depth sensor restart image capturing?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are writing your own application, you can put a hardware_reset() instruction near the start of your script, and this acts like an automated USB unplug-replug of the camera to reset it.

0 Kudos
MGoto1
Beginner

Thank you for information. I will discuss with software engineer about that.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Fayefaye_Li,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D415 camera.

Did you try updating the cameras to the latest 5.10.3 firmware version? Did it solve your issue?

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
MGoto1
Beginner

In this case, I don't use synchronous trigger.

Every sensor is free_running. Because the object doesn't move, and very short scanning time.

I should use synchronous trigger if the object move and the scanning time is long.

e.g.

0 Kudos
MGoto1
Beginner

Do you have any way to let the Depth sensor restart image capturing?

0 Kudos