Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7265 incorrect password where it's correct

LKito
Beginner

Had this problem at on place - changed password on router - problem gone.

Now at another place where I dont have access to router I cannot connect.

For sure I have correct password - my phone connect without any problems.

Driver updated to latest, adapter reseted many times

I see many this kind of problems on web but none solid solution.

What's the problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The issue is the wireless password required by the router for wep or wpa security. To establish a connection, you must use the password for that router.

Perhaps you are running some cleanup software on your PC/Laptop that clears these passwords, thus requiring you to re-enter them.

This is not a driver issue.

If you need more assistance, download and run this utility, then attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Then, one of the intel support engineers can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
LKito
Beginner

It's completly out of topic answer. Perhaphs the problem is that english is not my native language.

I know what the password is, and it works on my phone, but when I try to connect using laptop it says it's incorrect. Is it clear now?

I had the same issue at my home, but when I changed wifi password on the router (you know, password that is required to connect) the problem was fixed.

But here I cannot change that password, because I dont have, and will not have permission to login to router.

I'd like to fix the problem with my wifi card because its not the router problem when my phone can connect to it without any problems.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do what I asked:

If you need more assistance, download and run this utility, then attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Then, one of the intel support engineers can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, svandi. Thank you for joining to the Intel® Community.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, please attach the report requested by al.hill above.

Antony S.
0 Kudos