Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Compatibility DDR3-1600/1866mhz with Intel Xeon E3-1270v1. Will it work?

DDobr2
Beginner

Hello. Specification processor Intel core i5-3570 will support DDR3-1333/1600 mhz. My CPU is i5-3570 works with DDR3-1866/2133 mhz. I want to buy Intel Xeon e3-1270 v1 specification which has support for DDR3-1066/1333. Can this processor support memory with more frequency? Motherboard Asus p8z77-m, BIOS version 2203. Thanks for you answers.

Сообщение отредактировано: Dmitry Dobriy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello DmitryDobriy,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

As you mentioned, the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1270 supports DDR3 RAM up to 1333 MHz, the motherboard you have supports XMP profiles so the RAM can be overclocked but you have to consider that any kind of overclocking is not supported by the CPU.

Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in contact us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello DmitryDobriy,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

As you mentioned, the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1270 supports DDR3 RAM up to 1333 MHz, the motherboard you have supports XMP profiles so the RAM can be overclocked but you have to consider that any kind of overclocking is not supported by the CPU.

Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in contact us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos