Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

PCB Footprint for an E3825

SCaro
Novice

Hi

I know that this part is EOL but I have a short fuse design using it.

This project involves the MinnowBoard Max Rev A2 and the CPU E3825.

In this design in each corner of the original layout some balls are larger than others. By 100%. Is this a common practice or should I make all the balls the recommended pad size uniformly? I have attached a powerPoint describing the issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Sara_C,

Thank you for joining the Processors community.

Normally, for these type of processors the support is provided by the computer manufacturer or sometimes depending on the question the Intel® Embedded Design Center takes care of it; however, I might find something from my end, so please let me review your inquiry.

I will update the thread as soon as possible.

In case you want to contact the Intel® Embedded Design Center you can also do it via forum support; https://embedded.communities.intel.com/community/en Forum: Embedded Community |Embedded Community.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112594 Sara_C, I just confirmed that the best advice regarding your inquiry should be provided by Intel® Embedded Design Center. I could not find any information regarding your question from my end.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SCaro
Novice

I decided to have the layout person make all the ball pads the same as in the drawing provided in the Intel datasheet.

Thanks for looking.

idata
Employee

/thread/112594 Sara_C, sure you're welcome. I am glad to hear you found a solution for your design.

Is there is something else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos