Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Does Realsense SDK still provide Speech Recognition for SR300?

TStra2
Novice

Hi there,

I was using R200 maybe 2 years ago and Intel Realsense SDK had perfect functionality Speech Recognition. I cannot find it now, are you not providing it anymore or I cannot find it?

Thank you

1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There was a time until recently when speech recognition wasn't working, as the speech files have to be installed separately and the files had apparently gone missing at some point. Intel support staffer Jose P said on 15 March 2017 though that "We just wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed, now you can install all the RealSense SDK speech recognition languages. Please let us know if any questions come up",

When you install the RealSense SDK and are presented with the list of components to install, scroll down to the bottom of the list, where you will find an optional 'Speech Recognition and Synthesis' section. Left-click on the tick-box of the language that you want to install speech recognition for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There was a time until recently when speech recognition wasn't working, as the speech files have to be installed separately and the files had apparently gone missing at some point. Intel support staffer Jose P said on 15 March 2017 though that "We just wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed, now you can install all the RealSense SDK speech recognition languages. Please let us know if any questions come up",

When you install the RealSense SDK and are presented with the list of components to install, scroll down to the bottom of the list, where you will find an optional 'Speech Recognition and Synthesis' section. Left-click on the tick-box of the language that you want to install speech recognition for.

0 Kudos
TStra2
Novice

Thank you for your quick answer!

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software

What I find on current website is only components, how can I get the install file that you showed in screenshot?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome. Yes, that's the location I always recommend to download 2016 R2 from. Good luck!

0 Kudos