Items with no label
3335 Discussions

My Hand and HandCursor Module cannot successfully run sample code, while others can.

FChiu
Novice

Hand and handCursor module do not work

I use SR300 almost installed all SDK

Anyone met this before?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you confirm please that most of the SDK modules are working for you, but the Hand and Cursor modules are not working? Thanks!

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

yes I confirm other modules, e.g. essential, face, scan3d, segmentation.

Also, there is a "import problem" when using face module's sample code.

So, totally, there are three modules' sample code I cannot run so far

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

The guildlines I followed is

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/09/13/detailed-instructions-for-getting-started-with-intel-realsense-app-development RealSense - Getting Started with Intel® RealSense™ App Development: Step-by-Step Install Instructions | Intel® Software
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Are you trying to load the source code for the samples into Visual Studio and then build and run the sample code, as the guide that you linked to suggests?

As Step 5 of the guide suggests, you may find it runs better if you make a copy of the sample directory and paste it at another location on your PC. This is because the C:\Program Files (x86) folder is "read only" to protect its files. You cannot save data to that folder, and so some samples do not work. To make them work, you must make a copy of the samples folder elsewhere on your computer (for example, on your desktop) and import the source code from that folder location instead of C:\Program Files (x86)

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

yes I do. I don't think the Visual Studio Building project will be the issue.

Actually, there are .exe files of sample codes in "{install location}\RSSDK\bin\win32"

I test SR 300 on another laptop, and the problems happen again.

Basically, ALL the sample codes in Hand/Handcursor/face cannot work completely.

It is very frustrating...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yes, I know about the sample executables. I thought you might be using the source code instead of the pre-built exes so you could learn how the programs work.

Could you please tell me the processor code name on your PC (for example, Core i5 6500U). You can find this out using the System Information application in Windows. To find the System Information application, please type 'system info' into the text box on the bottom of your Windows screen, next to the button where you shut the PC down.

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

OK here is my CPU

ProcessorIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory23.9 GB

Actually, I also checked the hardware requirement already. It seems my hardware meets the requirement.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Processor architecture is important to the RealSense camera. The F200 and R200 ask for a minimum of a 4th generation Haswell processor, whilst officially the SR300 asks for a 6th generation Skylake processor.

I say "officially" because Xeons seem to exist in their own "strange other universe" that defy the specification rules, where even a chip as old as a Haswell has been known to work with the SR300. The important thing is the 'V' number after the chip's name. If it's, for example, a E5-2620 V3 then it's a Haswell, and if it's a V4 then it's a Broadwell.

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

In my another laptop, the CPU is

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3667U CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2501 Mhz 2-core 4-Logical Processor

It seems that there would be not such a problem, but it still happens.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

i7-3667U is an Ivy Bridge, which is 3rd generation, one generation below the minimum for the cameras. So with a chip that is less than 4th generation, you should be able to access very basic camera functions such as RGB video and raw camera data streaming, but not use higher functions such as hand and face tracking.

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

Yes, I see!

I will seek a 6th generation processor first.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome. Good luck!

0 Kudos
FChiu
Novice

Yes you are right.

It can work well now on devices with 6th generation processor.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Great news! Good luck, and please visit this forum any time that you need help.

0 Kudos