Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

where is the gamma setting for the intel core i7

MPerk1
Beginner

I have a HP Notebook with a intel core i7 with windows 10 and I'm a digital artist.

Recently discovered the screens colours are VERY washed out. I have tried to calibrate the colours with the windows settings and have also been trying to fix it through the intel hd graphics control panel (here i managed to fix the saturation of it but it's not dark enough to be true colours). And a friend has pointed out the gamma setting in the intel hd graphics control panel is gone. Any idea where that went and where i can get it back or something, because the off colours are throwing me off my art

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ShifterPrincess,

I understand you are not being able to adjust Gamma in your computer.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

The Gamma setting was removed from our driver due to it can be adjusted using the Color Calibration option that comes with Windows 10*. I see you mentioned you tried to calibrate the colors with the Windows* settings, but I am not sure if you used or not the steps that are on this link http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/calibrate-monitor-windows-10 http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/calibrate-monitor-windows-10

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ShifterPrincess,

I was wondering if you have or not any other inquiry. If you have any other inquiry just let me know.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
PMala6
Beginner

Hello, I'm understanding that you've removed the gamma slider because Windows 10 has a Gamma option themselves, right.

Well, I just came to ask if there's any possible way for the gamma slider in Intel options to return? Frankly, the windows 10 slider sucks. It resets calibration after every startup, or sleep, or when you go full-screen in any game. It's a nuisance to constantly edit my gamma calibration. I relied on this control panel because it didn't do that, it stood with my calibration no matter what I did. Well, until it was removed. I've had a problem since this has disappeared but haven't addressed it until now.

I actually made this account just to reply and voice this concern. I'm unsure if you're in charge of what stays and what goes, but it would be fantastic if the gamma slider could return to the Intel HD Graphics Settings.

Thank you for your time.

idata
Employee

Hello ShifterPrincess,

Thanks for the feedback you are providing to us.

I recommend also posting this feedback in the following thread /thread/112438 https://communities.intel.com/thread/112438

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos