Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Face Tracking C++/C# Source VS 2015 Projects don't compile/load.

DFerr6
Novice

The C++ example shows 'VS15_RealSense.Toolset.props' missing and won't load the project.

The C# version source shows 'Intel' type or namespace could not be found.

Yes, I have essentials and all SDK components installed. Yes all the other example sources load and build without error in VS 2015.

10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In my research, I saw the message about the Toolset.prop error that you posted on this discussion thread.

Presumably the answer that Intel support's Jesus Garcia gave on the thread on 23 February 2017 still applies. "We are working with the development team on this issue. We don't have a timeline for a fix yet. When I have more information I will update you. Thank you for your patience."

I would guess that the developer team is having trouble replicating the error, which makes it difficult to diagnose and fix.

0 Kudos
DFerr6
Novice

Yeah replied to that. I find it frustrating that numerous people have shown there is a missing file and nobody has simply released a link to the file yet.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If the file is present somewhere in the installation but Visual Studio 2015 can't find it, I wonder if it could be located by doing a 'quick fix' operation - selecting the line of the source code with the error and using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl and . (full stop). Maybe, if it's a broken linkage, that might fix it.

I'm not a current Visual Studio user so I don't know if that would work, but I've had success with using auto-fixing in the past.

0 Kudos
DFerr6
Novice

No, that file or any variation of it doesn't exist anywhere in the file system. (VS15_RealSense.Toolset.props' but thanks.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm a Unity developer rather than a Visual Studio one and also don't currently have R3 installed (I'm using R2). So I appreciate your patience with me!

Somebody had a similar problem with property sheets and Visual Studio back in 2015.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/596299 R200 SDK cannot find property sheet

Researching the info in that led me to this link.

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/doc_devguide_property_sheets.html Importing the SDK Property Sheets

I remember that when I was using Visual Studio with the Android app development SDK a few years back, you could download required files through the internet using Add. I don't know if it works the same way in this case.

I apologize that I'm not much help on this case, given I'm not a Visual Studio user, but I wanted to try to help anyway. Good luck!

0 Kudos
DFerr6
Novice

Thanks for the reply, I would love to get to the property sheets step. But the C++ project fails to load because of the missing file.

What makes it more annoying is both the C++ and C# examples for face tracking have different issues. Certainly over a month time someone at Intel SDK team can spend an hour to figure out whats missing and update the SDK or at least link to the files missing or steps to work around it.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I installed R3 so that I could have a look at the files. Going by past SDKs, it looks like if the file existed then it should be in the props folder (RSSDK > props). But there was only these files there:

The readme says:

Visual Studio 2012-2015 Integration:

* Open property manager in view> PropertyManager.

For multi-threaded runtime projects, add property sheet VS2012-15.Integration.MT.props to all Debug/Release builds.

For multi-threaded DLL runtime projects, add property sheet VS2012-15.Integration.MD.props to all Debug/Release builds.

* Build your SDK projects

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi KunaniGaming,

Do you still need assistance with this thread? We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
DFerr6
Novice

Yes Sergio, so far I have not seen anyone supply me with the solution. I 'really' need to start testing the facial features for a project and would love to use this realsense camera.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi KunaniGaming,

I'm afraid there's no fix at the moment for this specific issue. As we stated in https://communities.intel.com/thread/110203 https://communities.intel.com/thread/110203 we're aware of this and the development team is working on a possible fix. We'll update the thread when we have more information. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos