Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Camera disconnecting after a few minutes

NPull1
Novice

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing severe issues with my SR300 camera: The camera keeps disconnecting from USB after a few minutes. One can notice that by hearing the "device removed" sound in Windows and seeing that the camera just disappeared from the device manager. This occurrences, for example, after unlocking the screen via "Windows Hello" or just after plugging in the USB plug of the camera. The only solution to get the device being usable and shown in the device manager is to remove and plug in the USB again. Then, the camera works for a few minutes until it is "lost" again.

Edit: Should provide some information about my system. Im using Windows 10 Enterprise on a Dell Latitude E6540. The installed camera driver is 12.11.38.553 from 08.06.2016.

Added some information about my system.

1 Solution
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Have you tried the stuff recommended in /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/02/13/troubleshooting-connectivity-issues-with-intel-realsense-cameras this post? Also, make sure you have the latest dcm, downloadable from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Have you tried the stuff recommended in /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/02/13/troubleshooting-connectivity-issues-with-intel-realsense-cameras this post? Also, make sure you have the latest dcm, downloadable from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager here.

NPull1
Novice

Thank you for your answer!

Oh, my bad! Looked through all posts in the "issues" area but didn't see the pinned topics.

I already updated to the newest dcm and installed the newest chipset drivers but I couldn't find the energy saving options in the device manager. I think they got removed with Windows 10. Instead, I disabled the "Windows can turn off USB-devices" in the energy saving settings - but with no success yet.

Anyway, I tried another USB port. The device didn't disconnect yet, so maybe I'm lucky and it works properly now. I keep you updated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi HoloGuy,

Do you have any updates on this case? Please let us know if you still need help.

Regards,

-Sergio

0 Kudos
NPull1
Novice

Hi Sergio!

This issue seems to be gone, thank you! It seems that the USB port of the other side of the laptop works without any problems.

Best regards,

Niklas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Niklas,

Thank you for letting us know you managed to solve this issue and sharing your results. Feel free to contact us again if help is needed.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

I didn't have the 'power saving' option on the eXtensible thing, but some of the others did - try turning them off just in case.

But yeah, it seems likely that one of your USB ports is lower power than the other - I find that sometimes the camera won't work in one port on my laptop so I have to put it in to the other one then it works fine!

0 Kudos