Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Intel XTU and default settings overwritted

LSago
Beginner

Hi , before everything thank you for taking your time to read ,

For the last 3 weeks i have been using intel xtu with a great succes , all i did was to reduce the offset core voltage to -80mv .However from last saturday i noticed that the default profiled matched the settings of the proposed , -80mv (on default too ) in a moment of panic i deleted the proposed profile , and moved the bar back to 0 applied , and uninstalled intel xtu , fearing having encountered a bug . i"m confused maybe moving the bar to the ''o'' overvolted my cpu .

I'm using a laptop , and theres no voltage control , nor monitoring on my bios interface . Does uninstalling intel XTU bring back the laptop original voltage to defaults settings ?

Is there a way to reset the voltages to default factory ?

Thanks again

Best Regards

Laura

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello lauramauden,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, all changes that you make through the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), they will be reflected in the BIOS because the Intel® XTU modifies the BIOS settings, if you delete the application, it doesn't necessarily mean that the default settings will be loaded.

I would recommend getting to the BIOS and load its defaults.

Hope this information helps.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
LSago
Beginner

Hello Juan Carlos

Thank you for assisting me in this issue ,

Before restoring the bios i did some core ofset voltages changes on purposes to keep a track on the procces

My Vid before the change on purpose fluctuates between 1090-1240 max

1)Heres the picture with the -120 offset voltage as we can see it stay at 1000's

Taking in consideration the ia offset and the llc/ring's values i uninstalled intel xtu without bringing back the settings to the '0'.

Once uninstalled i went to the bios , and loaded the optimized default settings , however once my computer on i found that the offset values were still present , is it because i dont have acces to voltages on the bios ?

Next thing i did was downgrading my bios , i noticed that this time the negative offset voltages disapeared and the voltage raised again to 1.140-1.250v

Can i generalise this process , and conclude that once the bios is flashed settings change to default ?

Thank you

Kind regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi lauramauden,

Since you are using a laptop, I am not familiar with the default BIOS settings, but if they were changed after you flashed the BIOS and they seem to be according to manufacturer's specifications then the answer would be yes.

I would also recommend contacting the system manufacturer to know what values you can change directly from BIOS and what values are safe to set.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lauramauden,

I was reviewing this case and I wanted to know if you need further assistance.

If so, please don't hesitate in replying to this post.

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos