Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

FPS is always locked with 60

VNaga5
Beginner

Hi, Im playing call of duty 4. When i start the game, it always locks 60 fps. Commands /com_maxfps 250 or /con_maxfps 250 are not working. I turned off vsync also. I have a temporary solution. First I have to turn on my laptop, then restart again (NOT clicking shutdown, CLICK restart button) then instantly open the game after restarting. Then its OK, But its time wasting. I uninstall AMD Radeon software also, but still its locked with 60 fps. I attach my graphic card details. Im expecting your answer ASAP.

Thank you,

N.Varman

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, varmannagarasa. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team. I will do my best to assist you further.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).

4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Additionally, please de-activate the VSync from the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. On the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel go to 3D > General Settings section > Select Custom Settings > Vertical Sync section > Select Application Settings > Apply. By doing this, the controller will follow the configuration of the game.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
VNaga5
Beginner

Yes, I have done all what you included. But doesn't work. But when I replace the driver, its working on that time only. I have done following steps

Right click on This PC -> Manage -> Display adapters - > Right click on Inter (R) Graphic Hd - > Browser my computer driver software -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer --------- Then select a capable version which had no problem with you game (I selected 2nd one 10/17/2017) - > Click Next (I attach an image with this thread)

But if I restart after doing this, again it locks with 60.

I attach picture of control panel and DxDiag.txt too. Please help me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, varmannagarasa.

By checking the report provided, I can see that your graphics drivers are outdated. Please update your drivers to the 6094 version. Click https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27803/a08/win64_24.20.100.6094.zip here to download the Intel® HD Graphics Graphics Drivers and follow the steps provided on this YouTube* video to complete the installation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY&t=87s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY&t=87s

Let us know how it goes.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, varmannagarasa.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
VNaga5
Beginner

Thank you so much. Yes. Its working. I was unable to reply for few days .Anyhow thank you so much, you solved my problem. Its been 1 year.
0 Kudos