Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

Change Transmit Power Settings Programmatically for 8260

NSchw1
Beginner

We have a system that uses Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Cards. I've tried everything I can in order to gain access to the settings using WMI or some other API. I've installed the Power Set tools, but that only seems to give me WMI access to the Intel Ethernet card - not the Wireless card.

Specifically, I need to be able to change the Transmit Power settings via code. I can see in the Advanced Settings for the adapter in Device Manager, that there is a way to do this via a drop down with 5 settings (Highest - Lowest). How can I change this setting via code?

We're running Windows 10.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello NickSchweitzer,

We understand you're looking for a way to change the adapter Transmit Power settings via command line, WMI, or some other API in Windows® 10.

Generally, we recommend installing the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Enterprise. You can then use the Administrator Tool to create packages with defined settings for your users.

These are executable packages that then can be installed silently.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006222/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Frequently Asked Questions for Enterprise and IT Administrators

If this is not what you were hoping for, please do let us know. I will try and research a bit further to see if we have any alternatives.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
NSchw1
Beginner

Thank you for the response, but I don't think that will be adequate.

The application we are writing is part of a system for a tablet that we will be running in Kiosk mode (although not a public kiosk). The operator will only have the ability to run a fixed number of applications that we write. Our application will have a simple UI that will allow the user to change the transmission power, and so we need to be able to call this from within our application.

I don't think the Administrator Tool that you referenced will allow that workflow.

Is there another option?

0 Kudos
NSchw1
Beginner

Sorry Carlos, when I replied to this thread, I may not have replied to your specific message, so you may not have seen my response. Can you please look at my response in this thread?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NickSchweitzer,

We've been investigating and reaching out to our aditional resources. However, this is outside of our support scope.

We can recommend for you to create a support request through our https://plan.seek.intel.com/us_en_embedded_registration-form-contactsaleswebform_html Intel® Resource and Design Center for Development in order to receive assistance with these type of requests.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos