Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense Viewer v2.11.1 Export 3D Model to PLY format Problam

AAlon9
Beginner

I'm using Intel RealSense Viewer v2.11.1 and Camera D435 Firmware v05.09.11.00

I'm launched the Export 3D Model to PLY format button, choosed path and file name but the file is not been generated.

Firmware Ver:

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I tried to recreate your problem but could not get the same message that you did. Are you saving the file to a location that allows files to be created, such as the desktop? For example, there are some folders on the computer (such as c://program files(x86) that are 'protected' locations that do not allow files to be written to them (they are 'read only').

0 Kudos
AAlon9
Beginner

I forgot to mention the this happened for time to time, i.e. sometime i press Export and the file is been saved but sometimes I press Export and the file isn't saved.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Do you need to unplug the camera and plug it back in to get save to work again? Or can you save successfully if you try again to save after a failure?

If you can save without having to close the Viewer, then a simple solution might be to press the 'pause' button on the stream to freeze it at the point that you want to save the PLY and then keep trying to save until it works. That way, you won't lose the data that you wanted to capture.

0 Kudos
RFren1
Beginner

@MartyG I was able to recreate the problem when using a recorded sequence as the source (.bag file). If viewing the camera directly, i am able to save a .PLY file, but on the replay the export behaves exactly as described above (it prompts for file name, but no .PLY file is ever created).

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would recommend posting the problem on the Issues page of the SDK, which is viewed by RealSense development and engineering staff. If a response is not made in a timely manner then the message is automatically passed to Intel management. So you should be guaranteed to get a response.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues Issues · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AvriAlony,

Thank you for your interest in the RealSense D435 camera.

We are still investigating the issue. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AvriAlony,

We have not been able to reproduce your error. Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of librealsense. The latest version is 2.13.0. If you still have this problem with the new version, please send us logs by going to a command line and enter

> set LRS_LOG_LEVEL="DEBUG"

Then run RealSense Viewer from the same command line. A log file will be created in the same directory.

Regards, Jesus G. Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AvriAlony,

Did you try upgrading to the latest version of librealsense?

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos