Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 630 and APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD

SSchm11
Beginner

Hi,

I spent some time to find the culprit for this APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD on latest Win 10 PRO x64 that manifests randomly, but can be easily reproduced by watching Netflix.

Processor is an Intel i7-8700 on an ASUS PRIME Z370-A mainboard with 32 GB RAM and latest BIOS.

Drivers that reproducible lead to the BSOD when watching Netflix in HD with Chrome:

- latest driver from ASUS: Intel_VGA_Driver_Win10_V2220164758_20170830_872.zip

- latest driver from Intel: win64_15.60.2.4901.exe

How to avoid the BSOD:

Deinstall any of the above mentioned drivers from Intel. A basic Microsoft driver will be used with reduced resolution and only one of two monitors are supported.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephan

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello stephan123

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support,

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are having display error. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

We will like to know, does the same error happened with the previous version of both drivers? Please let us know the other version that you used.

Could you share a picture of the error that is presented?

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SSchm11
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for your feedback!

The two driver versions i can reproduce the BSOD are:

- latest driver from ASUS: version 22.20.16.4758

- latest driver from Intel: version 15.60.2.4901

I also tried before with an older Intel driver version 15.60.0.4849 that had the same issue.

With the basic Microsoft driver all is fine (no BSOD), but of course all the features of the Intel driver are missing.

Since the error was a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) with stop code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, I can't send you an picture, but I attached a corresponding mini-dump file I just provoked starting a Netflix film in Chrome with the latest driver from ASUS.

FYI: the first time I experienced this kind of error was around the 21st of December 2017. Also Firefox and Edge will produce the same BSOD when starting a Netflix film. There are also other users that report a similar errors for the Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Thanks,

Stephan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello stephan123

Thank you for your response

Working on getting the information for the problem that you are having I was able to find the information from Microsoft about the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD. Please see the links below for information related to the error.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/apc-index-mismatch-windows-10-pro-64-bit/c793ee57-5811-4f4e-871c-41359ba6d045 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/apc-index-mismatch-windows-10-pro-64-bit/c793ee57-5811-4f4e-871c-41359ba6d045

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x1--apc-index-mismatch https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x1--apc-index-mismatch

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello stephan123

I also sent you a private message please check your inbox

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SSchm11
Beginner

Thanks Leonardo,

after disabling all Intel services the BSOD disappeared (with all driver versions), but after some time another BSOD happened.

Finally I could trace it to a memory error in one oft the 16GB DDR4 memory module.

Thanks again for your help,

Stephan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello stephan123

Thank you for your response,

I am glad to know that your situation was able to be corrected, please let me know is the thread could be close.

Remember that if you have any other question or need further assistance you can always contact us back

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SSchm11
Beginner

Thanks Leonardo, and yes, this thread can be closed.

Best regards,

Stephan

0 Kudos
SMENG5
Beginner

I'm facing the exact same issue, so may I ask how you this issue has been resolved ? (Disabling all intel services and rebooting is all that is takes ?)

Regards.

0 Kudos
SSchm11
Beginner

I'm still waiting for the RAM exchange. Both the Windows Memory Diagnostics and memtest results indicated that one module is faulty (had to remove/swap them and try different memory slots as well).

Cheers,

Stephan

0 Kudos