Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Release Notes from Previous Driver Versions

PA3
Beginner

After the recent news concerning Meltdown and Spectre, I decided to run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to find out if there was a patch available for my motherboard -- Asrock Z77 Extreme6 with Intel Core i5-3570K -- there is not, at least not yet. (Yes, I understand that I should check with Asrock, which I have, but I thought I would check with Intel as well.)

The scanner informed me that there was a driver update for the Intel HD Graphics 4000. As a rule, I don't update drivers often, but I thought that I should at least read the Release Notes. Those notes, for the current version (15.33.45.4653) indicate that the only change is "Miscellaneous code optimizations."

"Miscellaneous code optimizations" are not enough for me to want to rock the boat by installing a new driver. On the other hand, there have been a number of driver versions between the old driver version I have (3958) and the current version, and some of those versions may have incorporated more significant updates.

How can I find the Release Notes for all driver updates between the version I have and the current version? Or is there some documentation that shows the cumulative changes for the driver for the HD Graphics 4000?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You can look at the release notes for each version, by selecting each version here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499

Doc

0 Kudos
PA3
Beginner

Thanks.

Limited to Windows 7 (which I admit I didn't mention), that page shows one earlier version of the HD 4000 driver (4425 from May 2016). The changes for that version aren't of any interest to me.

Interestingly enough, version 4885, dated 1/3/18, is described as "previously released" even though its version number is higher than the "latest" version 4653, which is dated 5/23/17. Rev 4885 is basically a Windows 10 Fall Creators update, although it does also support Windows 7.

Considering that I have rev 3958 from September 2014, I expect that there were one or two updates between that and 4425.

I'm going to stick with my general rule: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Rev 3958 is working fine for me.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then just select the OS you want from the pull-down.

Doc

0 Kudos