Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Intel Dualcore E2200 Meldown affected ?

NSchu1
Beginner

Hello I would ask if my processor Intel Dualcore E2200 and Dualcore E2220 are afected by Meltdown and Spectre !

I ask why I have more Computers and the vendor of the mainboard will make no more support !

If they are afected will intel give Microcode correction , I can my self integrate in AMI Bios I have alredy patched this Bios to support the Dualcore ! Processor Microcode cpu000006fd_plat00000001_ver000000a4_date20101002.bin

Thanks for any info !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi nschu: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Processors communities. We will do our best to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your inquiry, a full list of Intel products impacted by this issue, along with other important details can be found on the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
NSchu1
Beginner

I have read the documents and found

• 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors

but I can,t find older Processor E2200 released Q4'07

This means no ineractive support , so I expect there will be no update Microcode I have tried with the Linux microcode Dat file , 06-0f-0d

but this is not updated 2010/10/02

If I load it into bios the only change is Platform Type 80

what will that mean ? Linux ?

If that Dat is updated can I do this !

I have a Bios programmer and I have 4 Bios to try.

Thanks for information !

I need this Computer to Programming also in Dos.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nschu: Thank you very much for providing those details.

We will review this information, if there is more information regarding this matter I will update the thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nschu: I just received an update on this matter, if the processor is not listed at this time, then we do not believe it is affected, however you should check with your equipment manufacturer or operating system vendor for any available updates and apply them as soon as possible.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos