Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

2560x1080 not available after installing driver

AGRAV1
Beginner

Hello,

New computer, new screen.

With microsoft default drivers, my LG ultrawide screen (29UM688-P) works well at 2560x1080.

When I install Intel driver (HD 620), the max resolution available in drop menu is 1920x1080.

I tried to update chipset, Intel ME and Intel HD grpahic drivers and to install screen driver.

I tried drivers from Acer (my pc is an Acer swift SF314-52G) and last drivers from Intel.

My computer run on Windows 10 with last updates.

Everything came back to normal when running in safe mode.

i made some reports, hope it will help you to fidn a solution.

Regards,

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AGRAV1
Beginner

Some precision : I use the HDMI-HDMI cable from my monitor bundle

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Cable should be fine.

Your driver is out-dated.

Try drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620 Downloads for Intel® UHD Graphics 620

To bypass message "best driver is already installed" or "computer is not validated" install driver via have disk method as described at:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface)

0 Kudos
AGRAV1
Beginner

Thank you for your help.

Following your steps, drivers have been updated but the problem is still the same.

Please see attached files

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

My LG monitor is also picky.

For me it works like ths:

Let your laptop finish booting, connect HDMI cable to laptop

Power on monitor

Quickly plug in HDMI into monitor before it reads "no signal"

0 Kudos
AGRAV1
Beginner

Hi,

This trick doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos
AGRAV1
Beginner

Hi,

Do you have any other idea?

How can i know who's wrong? I'm in contact with LG, INTEL and ACER, and nobody can tell me what happen ?! Even a 200€ laptop pc can handle this screen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, AdrienNE49.

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand that you are having issues with the Intel® graphics drivers which are not providing the maximum resolution your display can reach.

In this case we can proceed with a clean installation of the Graphics Drivers. First please download the .zip of the latest graphics drivers by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip here.

Then, in order to complete the installation please follow these steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

I can see that you mentioned that the machine was working fine with the default drivers. Please note that these drivers I am sharing with you are generic drivers from Intel® so some features of it might not be available for your machine. In the case this update will not work for you, you can contact the manufacturer of your computer to verify if they have any graphics update.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, AdrienNE49.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached in the last post and the results.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
AGRAV1
Beginner

Hello Antony,

I've tried your troubleshooting steps and the result is still the same. I have also tried from a fresh Acer windows 10 install and from a clean Windows 10 install.

I already gave the computer to our IT team, they can't get the 2560x1080 resolution when Intel Graphic UHD 620 drivers are installed.

We'll be looking to change the latop for an other iGPU configuration.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Dnonp
Beginner

hello,i met the same problem like you met. 8600k + msi z370 tomahawk , hdmi cable 2.0 . the resolution is 2560 * 1080 without the drivers for uhd630,and when i installed the drivers, it went to 1920 * 1080. did you get the problem solved?

0 Kudos
Sjoo4
Beginner

I have the same problem on Intel HD 620 can't set my LG ultra wide screen to 2560x1080 using HP Envy

0 Kudos