Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Trouble projecting laptop screen to TV

MBarb6
Beginner

My laptop stopped projecting to my TV screen using HDMI a couple of days ago. Out of the freaking blue LOL.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P55-A5312 with Winddows 8.1 64bit and an Intel Core i5-4200U processor.

I have tried using different drivers from the Intel website and Toshiba as well.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround before i throw my laptop out the window?

Your help will be much appreciated

Grazie

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mb1874,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues projecting to your TV screen.

I would like to collect more information regarding this matter, please see below;

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MBarb6
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried several driver downloads from intel and toshiba according to OS and processor compatibility. Some versions couldn't be validated, others did not work or were not compatible.

Attached is the report.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MBarb6
Beginner

Additionally, the projection to the TV screen(2008 Samsung LCD TV model LN37A550P3FXZA) stopped yesterday January 10th. I believe an automatic update was taking place for my Toshiba Satellite laptop just before the screen went blank.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/121390 mb1874 thank you for the information.

This automatic update, was it a Windows update?

I know you mentioned you tested some versions, but since you were not able to confirm the versions I am going to recommend a couple in order to isolate this matter. Please see below:

Uninstall current Intel® HD Graphics driver:

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Follow these steps to install the latest driver available from our end: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and...

Intel® HD Graphics driver:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26544/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81497 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MBarb6
Beginner

Hello,

I believe it was a Windows update.

So i followed your instructions from your last reply...

After uninstalling the graphics driver and restarting the laptop, after a few minutes the laptop automatically downloaded a graphics driver. And all of a sudden the screen was projecting to the tv screen.

That was just unexpected. And i did check the driver version and it was a version i had used before. This has happened before and i had taken the same previous steps but it didnt work.

Any ideas as to why the same driver didnt function properly and it does after repeating the uninstall/install process?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/121390 mb1874, it could have been a file interfering once the Windows update took place, with the uninstall steps you are making to sure to remove all instances of the driver and this could have cleaned that specific directory.

I am glad to hear is working again!

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos