Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility

bwalt2
Beginner

Our Dell E5580 Latitudes aren't switching from a "wired" connection to a "wireless" connection. So, I installed the Intel ProSet wireless wifi connection utility version 19.10 to match our wireless driver on one of the laptops. I created a new package that Enabled Adapter Switching under the Application Settings tab. I then save the package as the .exe. and apply the package to the current machine. The current machine works fine. However, I am unable to use the .exe package that I created and saved for the remainder of my machines. Am I making the wrong assumption that the .exe package that I've created should work on the remainder of my E5580 Latitudes with that driver version? When I go to another machine and click on the .exe package that I have saved on our shared network drive, it thinks for a while and acts like its making a configuration change but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ibebry,

Thanks for posting in our community.

In order to better assist you, please provide us with the following details:

- Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility on the laptop where you created the profile and share the resulting report with us.

- Even though these are all Dell E5580 Latitude*, they might not have the same wireless adapter. Are all the laptops using the same OS and wireless adapter model?

To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ibebry,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of the post. Please let us know if you still require assistance.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
bwalt2
Beginner

Yes, I still need assistance. I replied back with the information requested but didn't receive a response. I'm assuming that you need me to send you the information again?

Regards,

Bryan

0 Kudos
bwalt2
Beginner

I've attached the Intel Utility configuration from the machine that I installed the Intel ProSet Wireless Tool and used it to configure the wireless adaptor with.

Our laptops have windows 7 64x. All of the wireless adaptors are Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8665

Regards,

Bryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bryan,

Thanks for providing the system log again. There could be an error in the platform as we're not able to find records of your previous reply, we apologize for the inconvenience.

On the systems were you want to import the profiles, please try a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html clean installation of the driver using the custom installer with adapter switching enabled. Remove the current Intel® PROSet/Wireless software and the wireless adapter driver from device manager before installing the custom .exe.

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bryan,

We haven't heard from you in the last few days. Did you have the chance to clean install the wireless drivers using the custom installer?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
bwalt2
Beginner

Eugenio,

That would be more work than our current work around. I was hoping that I could just run the created .exe on all subsequent machines. It will be easier to install the software, make the configuration change using the administration tool and apply it locally to each machine.

Thanks for the replys.

Regards,

Bryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bryan,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand your point, it'll be inconvenient to manually uninstall the driver on each machine depending on the number of systems.

If you have a large number of laptops that require this treatment, you may want to consider silent installation, which allows to install/uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless software.

You can find more details here about silent installation for Intel® PROSet/Wireles here:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005730/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Silent Installation of Intel® WiFi Driver and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos