Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Geometry Shader Bug

hzapp
Beginner

I have an ongoing problem with the Intel shader compiler for Intel HD Graphics cards (most of the ones I have tested).

The issue is related to utilizing a geometry shader, in which I will receive this message:

'The fragment shader uses varying uv, but previous shader does not write to it. Out of resource error.'

This is a bug, pure and simple, easily described as the fact that the shader compiler does not properly see that there is a geometry shader in the pipeline.

I can elaborate more if the above post is does not provide enough information, but it is actually quite simple:

My vertex shader uses:

out vData

{

vec2 pos;

} vertex;

My geometry shader uses:

in vData

{

vec2 pos;

}vertex[];

out gData

{

vec2 uv;

}frag;

And my fragment shader uses:

in gData

{

vec2 uv;

}frag;

This is easy to diagnose:

A vertex -> fragment pipeline does not write 'varying uv', but the geometry shader is the true 'previous shader', so this is a bug and therefore Intel HD Graphics does not meet the criterion for OpenGL support.

FYI: Nvidia and AMD have no issues whatsoever compiling the same shaders.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello HenZap,

I understand you are having some issues with the Intel® Shader Compiler.

Allow me to share with you that we have a special group which is in charge of these inquires and they can give you further assistance regarding this issue you are facing. Please go to the https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/developing-games-and-graphics-on-intel Developing Games and Graphics on Intel® and ask this question on the forum.

Thank you for your patience.

Antony S.

0 Kudos