Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense Webcam SR300 not working Device Manager Greyed Out

CSnoo
Beginner

Hello Everyone

I've just completed the lastest Windows Update - or should I say downgrade!! On the restart my Acer Aspire V17 Nitro could not find the camera so I had to sign in with my PIN and no interenet. I resolved the internet issue, but still my camera does not work. In the Device Manager the Camera is greyed out.

And when I click on the item I am shown this:

So how can the device not be connected when it is a Webcam and built-in?

Any advice or help will be much appreciated as I cannot use the camera at all.

I've tried troubleshooting, but that crashes, I've tried installing the following software:

But that crashes!

Can anyone help please? Came home from work, logged in to the laptop using the camera - Windows updated and not been able to use the camera since. I need the camera urgently for Skype business calls.

I've attached the log from the above screenshot

My sincere thanks in advance to anyone that can help :-)

Warm regards

Clive

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CSnoo
Beginner

In addition, I just tried to update the driver:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Clive-AGOTS,

Thanks for contacting Intel customer support.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SR300 camera with the new windows updates. This latest update from Microsoft has been causing the embedded SR300 cameras to stop working properly in most of the laptops, but especially on the Acer PCs we are having this issues.

Our recommended troubleshooting steps are to uninstall the camera driver and do a manual installation (I see you have already done that but will add the troubleshooting link in case you missed a step).

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023694/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html

If installing the latest Intel driver does not fix your issue, maybe a factory reset to your laptop can help to resolve the issue.

Also you can contact directly the manufacturer of your laptop and check if he has any additional troubleshooting or an updated driver especially for your computer.

I apologize for any inconvenient this issue may cause.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
SZim
Beginner

Hi Juan,

thanks for clarification. My bulit-in RealSense camera is also not working anymore. I do have a HP Pavillon 64-bit. As written, the cam is built-in and I am not able to disconnect it...

Beside that, when I want to to do the setup (afer deinstallation) I am not able to finish it as there is an error message. Please find it attached. It says installation stopped because of one or more errors. The whole cam issue is very frustrating.

What can I do? By when can we expect that Intel is providing an update which fix the bug for the SR300 users?

Thanks a lot for your support and best regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Stefzi,

About a time frame for the fixed driver is still not available, we are working on it but I cannot tell you the exact date of release.

I understand the cam issue is very frustrating and we do apologize for this issue. In your specific case it would be recommended for you to contact HP so they can assist you with a factory reset with their proprietary tool and troubleshoot your camera hardware to be sure it has no problems.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos