Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2823 Discussions

Intel SCS Add-on Installation Error

idata
Employee

I'm trying to install the SCS Add-on for ConfigMgr and I'm running into an error right after launching setup. The error is:

Failed to identify the SCCM installation.

I'm running in a standalone Primary Site running System Center Configuration Manager, Current Branch, build 1702. I have tried installing the SCS Add-on from my own workstation, which has the ConfigMgr console installed, the Site Server, and another test VM, all of which have the console installed and I've verified they connect to the site, work, etc.

The Site Server does not have a SMS Provider installed on it, rather 2 other servers have SMS Providers installed on them. Is the Intel SCS add-on installer looking for the WMI namespace on the Site Server, failing, and producing the error I'm seeing?

Is there any way I can get a hold of the files which are extracted / installed by the installer and manually install the add-on / console extension?

Edit: I should've included the contents of the SCCMAddon.log file. Here it is:

2017-03-28 16:56:58,965 - DEBUG: Starting

2017-03-28 16:56:58,971 - INFO : Starting Log

2017-03-28 16:56:58,972 - INFO : Version: 2.1.8.10

2017-03-28 16:56:59,036 - INFO : No previous settings found.

2017-03-28 16:56:59,160 - DEBUG: Entering SettingsViewModel.ctor

2017-03-28 16:57:01,265 - FATAL: Failed to identify the SCCM installation.

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at SCCMConfig.DAL.SCCMProber.GetSCCMInstallationFolder64bit(Architecture& pArchi)

at SCCMConfig.DAL.SCCMProber.GetSCCMInstallationFolder(Architecture& pArchi)

at SCCMConfig.DAL.SCCMProber.Detect()

at SCCMConfig.Actions.ActionPerformer.Detect()

at Intel.SCS.ACIWizard.ViewModel.WelcomeViewModel.b__8()

Message was edited by: Scott Metzel

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MAlva12
Beginner

ScottMetzel

hey there Scott,

I'm hoping that you wouldn't mind opening up a ticket at:

https://sfederation.intel.com/federation/Init_Salesforce_ISVC.asp?RelayState=/supportrequest?lang=en-US

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Under Software: Intel SCS

I'd take care of this for you, however, I don't have enough info to open the ticket, like your contact information, how many systems you're deploying, etc...

Looking forward to working with you.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Michael. I filed a ticket a few minutes ago. If you need the ticket # posted here, please let me know. Otherwise it can be found by my name.

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

ScottMetzel

Hey there Scott,

Yes, got the ticket and will be responding soon through that system. Looking at it now.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

ScottMetzel

Hey there Scott,

Just to close on this, we had a session with you where, we manually created the SCCM collections, created the task sequences for the different sequences and then created the package that all the task sequences used. The reason why the automated process wasn't working as it seemed the installer was looking for something specific that it was not finding, hence the manual configuration.

0 Kudos
GRile
New Contributor I

Try launching the installer from an elevated cmd prompt.

0 Kudos