Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Skylake X86-X64 Compatibility?

JAlva13
Beginner

Is Kabylake or 7th Generation of Intel procesessor the first non x86-x84 compatible product in the Intel history?

Windows 7 shows me that this processor are not compatible? Not really an x86 compatible processor? Not run any x86 OS? Only the ugly and mobile Windows 10?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This appears to have been updated:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/15/windows-10-embracing-silicon-innovation/# ExOc1qYIvdMx1q12.97 Windows 10 Embracing Silicon Innovation - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Doc

0 Kudos
JAlva13
Beginner

This article talks about "supporting" operating systems. Nothing about not compatible. I know that Windows 7 is not supported, but Windows 7 shows me that is not compatible.

All our hundred customers don't like Windows 10 and want to stick with Windows 7, like me.

Windows 10 is a mobile platform with less features than Windows 7 like Shadow Copies, no real "Start Menu" without drag&drog, folders, etc. Network options, Network map, less Wi-Fi features, no Manage wireless networks option. no option to save a wifi connection to a flash drive from the Wireless Network Properties box under the Connection tab, no GUI option to "Set up a wireless ad hoc", only via netsh command, no Bluetooth File sharing. Less Dial-Up Networking options.Updates control, no error BSOD control, personalization, advanced appearance settings, I can't uninstall onedrive, windows store, edge and a lot of garbage apps. I don't need garbage mobile apps on a desktop OS. Also the user experience is a nightmare and the user interface is very ugly, flat and ugly, with only a few solid colors and lack of contrast between areas. Also has less densitity information becuase all text, icons and windows are big.

Also Intel VPN AMS not work in Windows 10.

Also users don't like to have ads in a payed OS. Ads in "Start Menu", in "Notifications" and now in file explorer. Also don't like telemetry and there are no options to completely disable.

Vast mayority of users don't like Windows 10. Please ad support for Windows 7, the last Microsoft desktop OS with the greater marketshare in the world, the double than Windows 10. Please support it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your complaint is with Microsoft, not Intel. Most all of your complaints are incorrect as well. And, you still have the option of 6th gen processors and systems.

Yes, Windows 10 may not appeal to all, but you still have options. And, the Microsoft forums are a great place to voice your concerns. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us?auth=1 Microsoft Community

Lastly, were you a Microsoft "insider", where you would have had the opportunity to vent your concerns during the development and subsequent builds of Windows 10?

Stay with Windows 7, if you want. But, start a migration plan now and do not get left behind like the XP users.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JaviAl,

I just wanted to share with you that the products formerly know as Kaby Lake support Windows® 10 64-bit only, from our end this information can be corroborate here; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products.

Doc thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JAlva13
Beginner

"Yes, Windows 10 may not appeal to all, but you still have options."

What options? Windows 10 not fit our need and our customer needs. Its focused on mobile and cloud ONLY. Not on desktop.

"And, the Microsoft forums are a great place to voice your concerns. Lastly, were you a Microsoft "insider", where you would have had the opportunity to vent your concerns during the development and subsequent builds of Windows 10?

I'm a Windows Insider and i write every day, yes every day, on the Windows Insider Feedback Tool and in all Microsoft Forums. I'm also a developer and I'm in contact with Visual Studio Microsoft developers also telling Windows compliants. But Microsoft is not interested in nothing related to desktop issues. Are not interested. Only on mobile, cloud, ads and telemetry issues and only on his limited, ugly and the worst platform never created: UWP. Microsoft is only interested on making money with UWP mobile apps, ads and services. I don't need all of this.

"Stay with Windows 7, if you want. But, start a migration plan now and do not get left behind like the XP users."

I don't want to stay with Windows 7, but i not have any other options. Windows 7 fits perfectly our needs that Windows 10 can't. All customers, friends, collegues and family members think exact the same. Vast mayority of people i know don't like Windows 10. It's, after Windows 8.x, the worst OS from Microsoft. Also, there is a reason of why Windows 7 has about 50% of marketshare and Windows 10 less than 25%.

I sell every day more than 10 computers with Windows 7 OS installed by default, not because i want, but because all users demands. Also about more than 20 customers per week, they bring us computers with Windows 10 in order to upgrade to Windows 7, because they do not want to suffer more Windows 10, which they consider a real nightmare, in terms of user experience.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

All of your complaints are about Windows 10. Windows 10 is not an Intel product. Go to Microsoft to raise the issues you have complained about. Spewing all of your Windows 10 issues here is like going to Dixie Cup to complain about the coffee.

Windows 7 will be supported until 2020. And, even after that you can still run Windows 7. How many processors will be introduced before then? The tech world moves quickly, and you have to keep up.

If you are looking for a soap box to voice your Windows 10 issues, you need to find another place.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Doc thank you for your comments.

/thread/112798 JaviAl, thank you for sharing your voice here with the community; however, I agree that the best place to start a conversation reading these operating systems should be in the Microsoft community.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos