Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Drivers for I217-LM

idata
Employee

My mellow fellows,

I have a little problem with one of the PCs in the office. Most folks here use MACs and the network hasn't had too many problems with them. I have one Windows PC in the place, which is having issues getting a valid IP address. It keeps assuming an APIPA. Flushing the DNS and restarting seem to help, and I can use a wifi dongle as well, but I'd like to do the basic step of updating the driver...and I'm getting frustrated.

Why, in the heck, doesn't intel provide actual driver software anymore? I need to install an application that installs the drivers? Are you serious?

I've downloaded the ProSet application, but it seriously sucks. And I can't seem to find which driver is the current one for the NIC. Even if I did find out which version is the newest/most stable, I have not been able to find a driver file newer than the one I'm using.

I'm bummed. Why the hell do I need another application to update driver software? What sense does that make? Why do you hate me, Intel?

Any ideas, y'all?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi MurphDirt,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

For the driver installation, you can extract the package (.exe) to folder using 3rd party software (WinZip, 7-Zip). If you're using Windows 10 x64, I217-LM driver will located in PROWinx64\PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS65 folder.

Kindly share the current driver version installed and Windows Operating system version.

You may also contact your system manufacturer for the driver since our I217-LM was integrated to their system, There might be modification on the driver to better fit into their product.

Regards,

Vince
idata
Employee

Thanks for your advice, @Vince!

Let's see: Windows 10 x64, and the current driver on my system is version 12.15.23.9.

Is that the most current? I'm having some odd network issues on this system and before I mess with the whole network, I want to be sure that this system is totally up to date on the dumb stuff. I do have a manufacturer's update for the Intel AMT, but I need to make sure the regular user is gonna be out while I do that (I don't want to waste his time while I troubleshoot for optimal functionality when we already are functional [mostly]).

Thanks,

Murph

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did find the .exe file you mentioned, but it's listed as an uninstall file...after uninstalling, which .dll will I use for the driver? or will the .exe uninstall the old one and install the new one?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Murph,

Based on the provided version, the most current driver is already installed in your system. However, I'd suggest to verify with your manufacturer if they have customized driver for I217-LM since it is integrated to their system.

If the .exe you're referring is "PROUnstl.exe", it is the PROSet uninstaller file. To re-install the driver, you can go to the I217-LM driver properties in device manager and under "Search for driver sofware in this location", direct to this folder "\PROWinx64\PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS65"

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Murph,

We'd like to check if you still need assistance regarding I217-LM.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey Vince,

I haven't found a silver bullet from Lenovo. I have found work-arounds, and restarting the system usually works for a while. It's also spring break for my kids so, it's an involuntary vacation this week for me. I will still work on this, but I haven't made any progress this week. Thanks for checking in!

best,

Murph

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Murph,

Thanks for the update, please post new findings once available.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos