Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4791 Discussions

Intell Pro 1000/PT DUAL PORT Adapter

SKent1
Beginner

Hello you all, I have installed this adapter in my Dell XPS with the i7-4790 board. and it worked for a bit till I did a windows update and restart. Then the computer didn`t even show the item in the device list. I powered down, unplugged, held the power button to remove residual power, then removed and restarted. Shut down went through the process reinstalled, and the device does not show up. The lights over the Ethernet cord light up, but not in the list and no connection. The trouble shooter cannot detect it either. Does anybody have any suggestions to help get this device working again?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

I have moved this post to the proper support group.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi rocket62,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

Since the issue happens after Windows update, you can look into loading restore point to bring your system back to previous state prior to the installation of windows update. System restore

can be found in Control Panel, Recovery -> Open System restore. Perfoming System restore will remove apps, drivers and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Another option is to uninstall the Windows updates. This can be found in Settings app, navigate to Update & security > Windows Update, select "Advanced options", select "View your update history", and then select "Uninstall updates".

Other troubleshooting steps you may consider:

1. Download Administrator tools for Intel(R) Network Adapter from this link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/4237/Administrative-Tools-for-Intel-Network-Adapters

-Extract the files and locate "Diags.exe"

-Copy the "Diags.exe" to your DOS USB key

-Boot up your system to DOS prompt

-Run the "Diags.exe" to check if the Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Dual port Server adapter is being detected

2. If you have spare system, try installing the adapter on that system to isolate if problem is with the Dell system or adapter.

If the Intel(r) PRO/1000 PT Dual port Server Adapter comes pre-installed in your Dell system, suggest to contact Dell for similar issue encountered by other user and available fix.

Regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi rocket62,

We'd like to check if you still need assistance regarding PRO/1000 PT Dual port Server Adapter.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos