Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Intel Skylake CPU Uncore Configuration

idata
Employee

Hello

I want to find a way to config uncore registers in my i7 6th generation.

In document (Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Family for the LGA-2011 Socket), Uncore registers are configurable via PCI CFG.

However, in document (6th Generation Intel® Processor Datasheet for S-Platforms Vol.2), there is no mention about uncore registers.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JaemoonSim,

Thank you for joining the Processors community.

Please let me review your inquiry, as soon as I have more information I will update the thread.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112847 JaemoonSim, thank you for your patience.

The uncore management performance counters for Skylake are exposed to the operating system through the MSR interface.

More details can be found on the Intel® Software Developer System Programming Manual Vol. 3 which you can find at the following link; https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/a4/60/325384-sdm-vol-3abcd.pdf https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/a4/60/325384-sdm-vol-3abcd.pdf. Check Chapter 8.7.7 Performance Monitoring Counters.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for response, Amy.

However, I've been looking for something more 'functional' configurations of uncore registers.

In Xeon series, there are pci config registers to config functions of uncore registers.

(e.g., In document Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v2 2800/4800/8800 Product Family, Chapter 13, Processor Uncore Configuration Registers)

Isn't there anything like that in core series cpus?

Thanks again for your response and hope you write back.

Jaemoon Sim

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will have to check that and let you know if there is something like that from our end.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Sorry to bother, but is there anything new for me?

Thanks,

Jaemoon Sim

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jaemoon, my apologies for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

I would like to let you know that after reviewing your inquiry we have confirm that there is no other information apart from what is already mentioned in our datasheet.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos