Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

OpenGL driver crash as USER but not as ADMIN

idata
Employee

We are developing a 3D graphics application which is now in BETA test.

The application is designed to use OpenGL 3.2

One of our beta testers has reported that when he attempts to start the application as a standard USER on his windows system it crashes.

The core dump identifies the crash as occurring in ig9icd64.dll (Intel's OpenGL driver).

However on the same system when he runs the application from his ADMIN account the application starts without any problems.

We have tested the application under USER accounts on other (non Intel graphics) systems with no problems.

We have had the customer update his drivers to the latest version. This did not help.

Some additional info; the system is running Windows 7 SP 1

Can anyone identify why there would be a crash in the OpenGL drivers on only a USER account?

Thank you for your assistance...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello boulderados,

I understand you are developing a 3D graphics application, but our OpenGL* driver crashes if your application is opened as standard user.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .xml file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello boulderados,

I just wanted to check if you still need assistance regarding our OpenGL* driver. if you still need assistance please attach the Intel® System Support Utility to this thread.

Regards,

Fred