Items with no label
3335 Discussions

high noise in low light

LSpol
Novice

Hi, my SR300 camera with Windows 10 Creators Update (15063) have lots of pixel noise in low light condition using the inbox camera app:

also with the sdk app I get lots of green pixel all around:

is my camera broken? I didn't noticed this kind of defect before, can I ask for a replacement?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Licantrop0,

Thank you for contacting us.

To be honest, we don't think that your camera is broken. Do you have the same issue with a good source of light? We normally recommend to our customers to use these cameras with a good light environment to increase its performance.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

in normal light condition I don't see the pixel defects:

so I presume the issue might be software side?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Licantrop0,

That's weird, we are not sure if it is a software issue.

To help you more, we need more information about your system, so please provide the following information:

1. Could you please send us the system information file of your computer? To generate this file, please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export.

2. Could you use the sdk_info.exe to record the logs using an SDK sample? In order to do it after you install the SDK, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\bin\x64\", run SDK_Info.exe as an Administrator, navigate to the Logging Tab and Click "Enable All Logs" button. Reproduce the issue by running the app that is causing the failure (make sure not to close sdk_info, it can be minimized, closing sdk_info will stop the logging). After the failure has occurred return to SDK_Info and click "Copy all Logs" button (in sdk_info logging tab), zip the created directory and attach it to your next reply.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

I just reinstalled the intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718 on my Windows 10 Creators Update (15063.14) and the camera is not working at all now...

It doesn't even turn on:

in the device manager I noticed that the Virtual Driver is missing, again...:

It looks like this issue all over again:

Attached, all the logs you asked me to collect.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Licantrop0,

Thank you so much for the information provided.

We will investigate more about your issue, and we will contact you when we have updates.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Licantrop0,

We were investigating about this issue, and we found out that the camera driver for the SR300 Camera does not work with Windows* 10 Creators Update build 15063. We are working on this issue and we are trying to fix it, hopefully soon.

Reference: https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver

We really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos