Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HDGraphics 630 overheat.

MDam
Beginner

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I bought my new system (specs see below) and I noticed a problem while using the Intel HD graphic. (still waiting for a new NVidia card)

1. ) Some artifacts only in the windows 10 menus and in some old games.
  2. ) After a short time of playing some old games (like Age of Empire 2 HD) the system shuts down and restarts.

After some testing I found out, that the CPU Package temperature hits 100 degrees. So, I checked the CPU cooler and replaced the heat paste. No success..

I also found out, that the temperature only hits 100 degrees when the HD graphic chip was stressed. (all CPU cores approx. 68 degrees)

After that I disabled the HD graphic in the device Manager and the first thing I noticed was.. the artifacts are gone.

I've updated and reinstalled the HD Graphics driver to the latest version but still no success.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Maybe the resolution is to high? Defect CPU or Motherboard?

Please let me know if more information are required.

CPU: i7 7700K (not overclocked only XMP)

GPU: Intel HD Graphic 630

Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero

Ram: 32 GB Dominator Platinum 3200

Monitor: Asus PG348Q: 3440*1440 @ 60hz

Windows 10 Pro

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dam_mic,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, I suggest you to update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version available, you can download the latest BIOS version here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

If you need help how to update the BIOS, please contact the motherboard manufacturer for BIOS update instructions. I also suggest you to install all the driver available from your motherboard manufacturer website.

Once you do that check if the problem persists.

You can as well install the latest graphics driver from the Intel download center, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=98909 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

To install the latest graphics driver I recommend uninstalling the driver you have installed now and then install the Intel® driver manually, please check how to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
MDam
Beginner

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your response.

I have already installed the latest version for the bios and graphics driver but I had the possibility to run some games with a GTX 1080 the last view days and everything looks fine.

(CPU temperature approx. 54 degree, no artifacts etc.)

So, for me the CPU looks OK. I think there is only a problem with the driver or windows.

My new graphic card should arrive today, so i will try a clean windows installation. Maybe this solves my problem.

I will let you know the result.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information, and I'm glad that you don't have the issue anymore; I hope you can have a better experience with your system from now on.

If you keep experiencing the same issue please let me know and I will be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos