cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p M.2 SSD not detected by my MSI Z270 motherboard though it supports it

EDrak
New Contributor

SSD: Intel 600p Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX LGA1151

2 x M.2 slots (Key M)- Support up to PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s - Support PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe U.2 SSD with Turbo U.2 Host Card**- M2_1 slot supports 2242/ 2260/ 2280/ 22110 storage devices- M2_2 slot supports 2242/ 2260/ 2280 storage devices- Intel Optane Memory Ready for all M.2 slots

This is my first build, and everything seems to be working except my SSD. My BIOS only shows my HDD, and my windows installation only gives me the HDD as an option for installation. I flashed to the latest BIOS, which does not seem to have done anything. I want to install Windows on this SSD. I haven't done anything else other than toggle some seemingly relevant settings in the BIOS before reverting back to defaults when those changes did nothing. Any advice for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Sadly, I am about ready to give up the M.2 for a slower 2.5" SATA SSD to resolve this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Spurlin9,

According to the information, you provided and our research on the motherboard's specs, we do see the system is fully compatible with NVMe* SSDs. We would like to ask you the following:-What is the operating system you would like to install?-Have you tried the M.2 slot closest to the CPU? or both?-Could you check with MSI* for a BIOS setting that needs to be changed?As far as we could check the manual, you should be able to install the drive and should be detected, but sometimes this needs to be setup in the BIOS.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Spurlin9,

We would like to know if you read our last post and if you need further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C